Black eyed bean stew
Thank you to Spinach & Agushi for this delicious West African recipe. You can book them for your wedding, birthday party, corporate event and more on Feast It today! Your guests will love their creamy peanut curry sauce, succulent chicken thigh, talapia fillet and a multitude of other bold and spicy flavours!
250g dry black eyed beans
250ml vegetable oil
100g tomato paste
1-2 red chillis
2-3cm fresh ginger
3 cloves of garlic
800g chopped tin tomatoes
- Wash and boil the beans for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- Drain the beans but leave roughly 100ml of the juices in the pan and set aside.
- Add the oil and chopped onions in a pan and fry until the onions are golden brown.
- Blend the garlic, chilli and ginger.
- Add the tomato paste, chopped chilli, ginger and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, water and salt. Let it boil for about 45 minutes before adding the drained beans.
- Boil for a further 15 minutes and then allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fried plantain or boiled rice.
Book Spinach and Agushi here now for your next event. They've been serving their Ghanaian delights to the streets of London for over a decade and are exceptionally talented. With an impressive list of clients, including Nike, Amnesty and Google, you know your guests will love their sumptuous, comforting dishes!