Potatoes In Blankets
These make fantastic party finger food or a delicious little accompaniment to your Christmas dinner!
Thank you to Le Rac Shack, masters of grilling, for this delicious wintery dish. You can book Le Rac Shack for your wedding, birthday party, corporate event and more on Feast It today! Your guests will love their whole grilled wheels of Raclette, melted over traditional Alpine treats, such as crushed potatoes, Toulouse sausage and pickled French cornichons… a real taste of the Alps!
## Serves 6 ## Oven temperatures: Gas mark 5, 170°C fan, 190°C normal ## Time: 1 hour
### Raclette cheese - 3 slices ### Charlotte potatoes - 650g bag ### Pancetta - 12 slices ### Chives - handful ### Cornichons ### Black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 190°C
- Boil the potatoes in salted water for 25 mins. Then leave to cool.
- Cut the bottom off the potatoes so they sit flat on the oven tray, then slice the top off, roughly 1-2cm (make sure you keep the tops to one side!)
- Using a teaspoon, hollow out the potatoes being careful not to break the skin.
- Fill the cavity with cubes of Raclette cheese, chives and pepper. Replace the top.
- Wrap a slice of pancetta around each potato using a cocktail stick to hold it on.
- Place on an oven tray and bake for 25 mins until the bacon starts to turn crispy.
- Serve with chopped chives and cornichons.
Save the fluffy whites of the potatoes and make cheesy croquettes with the raclette, flour egg and breadcrumbs.