It’s important to remember that we only invite the very best caterers and mobile bars onto Feast It, because we want to be a cut above the rest and offer our customers the country’s most mouthwatering selection. We want our traders to feel like they are part of a community and with over 400 talented chefs, bakers, mixologists, brewers, grillers and pizzaiolos, we’ve got quite the crew going! So that you understand the full benefits of working with us, we thought we’d lay them out…
- Feast It was built to connect the most exciting independent food and drink makers in the UK with the best events. We’ve booked traders for Soho House, Amazon, Facebook, Disney, The Financial Times, Virgin, Adidas, Deloitte and many more impressive customers, making traders from Brighton to Birmingham millions of pounds in the process.
- By running our business through an online portal, we can work with thousands of leading event planners, brides, festivals and corporate organisations each month, whilst keeping our commission as low as we possibly can. We don’t charge the customers for our time, which means we can offer your services at the most competitive rate.
- Our most successful traders have made in excess of £100,000 each through events set up by Feast It, in the first 6 months of 2018 alone. Fundamentally, we concentrate on linking you up with pre-paid events where you know how much you’ll be earning. Being a small business, we understand that cash is king so we always try to pay you 1-2 working days after an event.
- In our first year of operation, Feast It made an average of £10,000 for each trader on our platform and the average trader receives over £1,000 worth of enquiries a week through our site.
You’ll love our brand values…
- Our mission is to help customers create memorable events with ease, so we make it as easy as possible for our customers to see and book you.
- We value and support small businesses and we believe that the traders and suppliers we work with are all wonderfully unique. We help to showcase your product and brand.
- We want to build great relationships with our traders to ensure that everyone gets the most out of Feast It.
- We want to give our traders a voice to show off what they do.
- We’re always on the lookout for new ways to innovate in terms of technology and customer and trader experience.
- We treat all events with equal importance, however big or small they are. Even for small bookings that usually handle themselves, our events team are always on hand to answer any questions you might have.
- We make our customers’ lives easier by giving them access to a huge bank of independent businesses that they may have not know about otherwise.
How to be a top seller
The most important things to get more events are incredible food and drink and delightful customer service. There are however, a couple of smaller things you can do to supercharge your bookings through us…
Get back to Feast It quickly
When we reach out to you over Whatsapp or email to check your availability, get back to us as soon as you can simply with a yes or no. Our customers really care about speed when it comes to getting quotes. The quicker you are, the more likely you are to win the event! In all our customer surveys, speed of response comes out top.
When we’ve put you forward to a customer, they can provisionally accept the quote. They’ll then be able to chat to you via our messaging service. We recommend getting back to them within two hours to maintain their interest. It’s a great idea to log in and check Feast It once a day to double check you have not missed any messages!
Simplify your menu
Surprisingly, all our data and feedback shows that customers prefer being presented with a simple menu of three or four options. We recommend putting together a ‘Greatest Hits’ menu, consisting of your most popular dishes and a veggie/vegan option. We talk directly to each and every customer, so if they want something really out there or bespoke, we will let you know.
# Our handy messaging service There is a legitimate correlation to how efficiently you use this feature and the number of bookings you get. The Feast It chat allows you to chat directly with a customer who has indicated that they would like you to serve at their event. They will have previously been sweet talked by a member of our events team and will simply be looking for some reassurance on a few points before they pay. It’s important to mention that this is the area where the majority of events break down, mostly due to traders not replying quickly enough!
When a customer accepts your quote for an event, you’ll get an email letting you know. You can then log into your account and chat to them. An event is not locked in until the customer has paid, but many customers will not be willing to do so without a conversation first, so get chatting. It’s a great chance to express your personality and let them know how great your food or drink is.
Edit your prices
You can change the price of a booking within the chat feature, so if the customer says they’d like to increase their booking by 20 portions, you can simply edit the quote.
Our online magazine is constantly being updated with brand new posts and our marketing team are always looking for new traders with interesting stories and awesome photos to feature in an article. So if you want to get your brand out there on our blog and have it shared on social media, then get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org… Our top blog post has been shared over 370 times on Facebook!
Here are some previous articles that we’ve written about our traders…
Deeney’s Scottish toasties: sandwiches for the soul
The Gelatology guide to following your dreams
The Chocolate Cocktail Club: a sweet love story
Boozy British tea times with Midsummer Nightcap
Steph and Dan: a couple of hot dogs
The best authentic Lebanese food in London
The greatest thing from Yorkshire since Wensleydale and Jelly Babies
Doh’hut: an all round success story
The Feast It community
On the last Wednesday of every month, Feast It traders receive a newsletter written specifically for you. We want to keep you in the loop as much as possible, so we’ll tell you about all the awesome events we’re doing, changes we’re making internally, changes we’re making to the site, new members of our ever growing team, trader perks that we’ve organised and plenty more!
Private Facebook group
Our ‘Feast It Traders’ Facebook group is our online community and it’s really useful for last minute bookings, help and advice from other traders, finding traders for the online magazine, buying and selling equipment etc. Search ‘Feast It Traders’ on Facebook, request to join the group and we will accept your request!
We have a very active and flourishing social media and there are always opportunities for traders to be posted about on these platforms. Please follow us on these to keep up to date with everything we’re doing on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Without you, Feast It would not exist, so making sure that our traders love what we’re doing for them, feel supported and have great success at events, is at the core of what we do. If you ever think that there’s more that we can be doing for you, let us know as we’re always open to suggestions!